> Seems to me that the source of the problem is the mixing of transient
> and persistent key-value pairs within the same dictionary. If you
> store the transient pairs in a dictionary of their own, that whole
> dictionary could be transient.

It's not like that. I don't decide beforehand what is valid and what is
garbage. Key-value pairs in the userInfo dictionaries are "marked as garbage"
as the app is running and depending on various factors. It is not known
beforehand. So I cannot tell what is transient and what is not.

So, just imagine that I am dealing with this situation, have this garbage and
need to clean it up :)