At 21:54 -0700 18/08/09, cocoa-dev-requ...@lists.apple.com wrote:
>From: PCWiz <pcwiz.supp...@gmail.com>
>Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 21:17:30 -0700
>
>I need a good method to find the size of a file or folder exactly as displayed
>in Finder. I've tried every method I could find on the internet, from using
>the du shell utility with NSTask to using the Carbon file manager. I need
>something that will work under heavy load (processing hundreds or thousands of
>files). The methods I've tried, some of them work but fail under load. Others
>just don't return a accurate file size, or they work for some files/folders
>and mess up on others. What's the easiest way to go about doing this?

Somewhat belatedly, you may want to try out the FolderSweep code at:
http://www.brockerhoff.net/src/index.html
or at:
http://mattgemmell.com/2008/04/10/foldersweep-source-code

You can directly get the data and resource fork sizes for every scanned file.
--
Rainer Brockerhoff  <rai...@brockerhoff.net>
Belo Horizonte, Brazil