I don't have GC turned on, I checked and they are not set to auto-enable. I
added this to see if the message is even being dispatched and the target
message is never sent: [[NSNotificationCenter defaultCenter]
addObserver:self selector:@selector(itemSelected:)
name:NSMenuWillSendActionNotification object:[NSApp mainMenu]]; My app
already subscribes to NSMenuDidEndTrackingNotification and its target
message is still sent, so there's something wonky with my menu items. The
menu items are added dynamically in response to user events. I initialize
the menu items in my init method and add them to the menu later. This all
worked just fine in 10.4 and 10.5. I was inclined to think there was a bug
in 10.6 that caused this, but I can't google any other similar issues. If I
inspect the menu items is gdb, they all seem to be configured correctly. The
parent menu is valid, the target(delegate) is valid, etc. I guess I'll have
to keep looking until I find out what's going on. Thanks for the reply.