On Sep 7, 2009, at 5:31 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:
On Sep 7, 2009, at 1:37 PM, Chilton Webb wrote:

I have a situation where if I try to set the key equivalent of a menu to 3 or 4, it just won't happen. any other number--it works just fine.

There are probably some other menu commands that already have those key equivalents. I suspect the Services submenu. I'm not sure whether services override regular menu commands or the other way 'round, but that sounds like what's happening in your case.

I suspect Jens is right. Command-3 is definitely okay for applications. The Finder has used it forever, and it works in my application (as does Command-4).

It looks like you're running Snow Leopard, so maybe go into System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts and see if Command-3 and Command-4 are mapped to a Service (or anything else, for that matter)?

By the way, this isn't related, but you don't need to do [NSString stringWithFormat:@"5"]. You can just say @"5".

--Andy