Hi Andy and Jens,

Thank you for your replies.

It's not something system-wide, as I CAN set it to things like command +shift+3. That works fine, oddly enough. And if I set it to all of any one number, obviously it lets me set it to those numbers, even though they're already in use farther up the menu.

The only problem is that it won't show command+3 and command+4

Furthermore, this works fine in a test app I wrote that just populates the menus. It even uses the same code. So it's definitely not system- wide.