If you're just wanting to use the method and avoid the warning, add a
category to NSLocale declaring the preferred languages.  Just add the
interface; no implementation is necessary.
You may want to do further investigation; however.  It's possible that the
preferredLanguages method appeared mid-way through the 10.4 lifecycle, so it
may work for some Tiger users and not others.

-BJ