On 9/16/09 11:06 PM, Scott Thompson said:

>> Nonetheless, on the 10.4 machine where I tested this, the method
>> works.  Does anybody know what the story is with this method and
>> 10.4?  Is this method actually supported by 10.4 or is it something
>> that happens to be supported if certain other software has been
>> installed on a 10.4 platform?
>
>If it is not in the headers, it is a private and unsupported method.

Generally, but not necessarily.  Oftentimes, the Release Notes document
the availability of "new" methods in old OS releases.  For example, the
10.6 Foundation Release Notes say:

"The methods +dateWithTimeInterval:sinceDate: and -
initWithTimeIntervalSince1970: have been added to NSDate (NSDate.h).
These new methods are available from 10.4 onward."

Declarations were not added to the older SDKs, but they are in the 10.6
SDK and properly annotated:

- (id)initWithTimeIntervalSince1970:(NSTimeInterval)ti
AVAILABLE_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_4_AND_LATER;

I'm not sure about [NSLocale preferredLanguages] though...