On Sep 22, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Bill Bumgarner wrote:

On Sep 22, 2009, at 9:30 PM, Erick Calder wrote:

I had a thought: how do alarms work? the application (the Clock) isn't running all the time, yet, 7am the alarm goes off... how did the Clock get itself started (without my permission)? and if you look at the alarms... there is no Clock window! it's just a message of some kind... so how does that work and can I do the same thing?

Because the alarm clock application -- an application written by Apple -- is implemented to work that way.

no need to state the obvious. if Clock can do what it does, then it's possible to do it... I'm interested to know how I can do the same thing