It has been already discussed that Snow Leopard started to ignore Creator Codes. The user can fix this by selecting a document in Finder and doing File → Get Info → Open With.

But it would be much better, if my app could do this itself.
So I looked at Launch Services Reference, but could not figure out, how to inform Lauch Services which app to use for some document. But if Finder can tell Lauch Services, then my app should be also able to do this, shouldn't it?

Where should I look?

Kind regards,

Gerriet.