On 23 Sep 2009, at 17:42, Todd Heberlein wrote:

As a result, most of their conclusions are incorrect as well. If you can't set the UTI differently on two files with the same type code and extension, it can't serve as a creator code.

I've been wondering about this. Daring Fireball carried some links with some strong criticisms on this, and I've been waiting for them to pick up on AI article, but so far they haven't. I'm just waiting for the dust to settle.

It seems to me that this isn't Cocoa-related, so it's really off- topic...

However, FWIW, Chris wrote this piece earlier, which may interest some of you:

  <http://sutes.co.uk/2009/09/creator-codes-are-not-replaced.html>

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--