On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Oleg Krupnov <oleg.krup...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or is there a workaround, beside using non-blocking animation, which
> is often too tedious and sometimes not smooth enough?

AppKit 10.6 release notes say that the core of the problem is that the
animator proxy would run the animation in NSDefaultRunLoopMode.  Now
it's done in NSRunLoopCommonModes.

I guess you could run the run loop once in NSDefaultRunLoopMode
whenever you're running in a different NSRunLoopCommonModes run loop
mode?  That seems like a very bad idea, but it would do the job.

Perhaps the most robust solution is to avoid the animator proxies
altogether until such time that you only support Snow Leopard.  We
have a nice graph at http://update.omnigroup.com that you can use to
see how our users are updating their machines.  Click the "Major
Version" button on the left to get a view across our entire installed
base that has enabled this data collection feature.

--Kyle Sluder