On Sep 28, 2009, at 3:12 AM, Kyle Sluder wrote:

Do you mean I should avoid using blocking animations and only use
non-blocking? Never tried to use animator proxies, only NSAnimation
directly, so I don't know if the proxies are blocking or non- blocking.

The animator proxies are related to Core Animation, not NSAnimation.

Well, sort of related to Core Animation. Not at all related to NSAnimation though.

They use the same timing class, and some of the same ideas. But you don’t have to have layer-backing on to use the vast majority of types you can animate with proxies (with SL that may be entirely a thing of the past since integer and NSColor can both be animated directly now)

Transitions as I recall being an exception.