Knut Lorenzen wrote:

Dear List,

please take a look at this image:
<http://Knut.macdisk.de/png/2pixelsapart.png>

(Picture shows my App in front of Safari before/after)

I would like to have a Statusbar in my App and I am using

[mainWindow setContentBorderThickness: 16.0 forEdge: NSMinYEdge];

and

[mainWindow setContentBorderThickness:0.0 forEdge: NSMinYEdge];

respectively, in order to switch between both.

It works fine, but the resize widget moves up 2 pixels when setting
ContentBorderThickness.
Please also note, that the rectangular corner becomes rounded when
setting ContentBorderThickness and restores to rectangular when
setting ContentBorderThickness back to 0.

This really should be promoted to the main docs somewhere, but it's in the release notes for AppKit in 10.5 (when this method was added).

<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/releasenotes/Cocoa/AppKitOlderNotes.html >

"The behavior of -setContentBorderThickness:forEdge:NSMinYEdge and - setAutorecalculatesContentBorderThickness:NO forEdge:NSMinYEdge for non-textured windows will do the following: The top gradient will be repeated in the bottom border, separator lines will be drawn between the content and the bottom border, and the bottom corner will be rounded."