I could use an explanation then, if you go into "activity monitor" you will see a heading of "real memory" and "virtual memory"..... specifically for all the current "Processes"..

what does Apple mean by "real memory"? in that, I might see why you asked the question? and why you think that i am using it incorrectly for my particular "process"... i can see Apple label my process as using "real memory"? and "virtual memory" what does apple mean?

Jon.