On Oct 10, 2009, at 2:54 PM, jon wrote:

i was using a notification that was standard that told me when the page finished loading... does this have the same sort of mechanism? (or need it) when fetching the page?

NSURLConnection has a delegate object you can set, which will get called when the load finishes. You can read about it in the class docs. I'm pretty sure there is also sample code that demonstrates how to use NSURLConnection.

If you don't care about doing it asynchronously, NSXMLDocument is a bit easier to use (it will just block until the page is loaded, and then return.)