On Oct 17, 2009, at 7:46 PM, Ben Haller wrote:

Copied the TrueType font from Instruments into my project, added the necessary key to my Info.plist, set the font using [NSFont fontWithName:...], and hey presto, there the font is in my app. Only... it doesn't look as nice. It's less crisp. Kind of fuzzy. The corners don't look sharp.

OK, this is all replying to various helpful folks who replied to that: