On Nov 18, 2009, at 5:25 AM, Aashishk Tiwari wrote:

> 1. Will packets captured using pcap contain (if parsed) information like
> what application they belong to, , what particular document or tab (in case
> of browers) they belong, if it is a streaming data etc?

No, no, and no. Short of hacking the application(s) you wish to target, there
is no way to find out that information, and most attack vectors were closed in
the 64-bit transition.

> 2. does pcap capture only ethernet packets or it also captures WiFi network
> traffic?

It captures on any interface you want. But this is OT for the list, so I
suggest you ask further questions elsewhere...

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>