On 22.11.2009, at 01:50, Jens Alfke wrote:
> Sure, you can do that. As I said, there's no particular trick for deleting
> the uninstaller. The filesystem won't stop you from deleting your own binary
> (or moving it to the trash.)
>
> I've seen uninstallers in the form of AppleScripts. They're easy to package
> up in double-clickable form and they can easily tell the Finder to move
> things to the trash.

 Well, you may want to quit your app before you delete it, though (and refuse
to uninstall until the user has quit it). Files may only actually get deleted
when they're closed, but all the resources in your file package will generally
only be opened as needed, and will thus be deleted immediately. If a resource
your app needs to save the currently open file or that's otherwise needed has
already been deleted, you could corrupt user data.

-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.masters-of-the-void.com