hello again

>From what i understood till now, i have written some Applescript (my first)
to do the uninstall.
My approach here is-

1. I have two Application Bundles (created from Script Editor)-
Uninstall.app and DeleteAll.app
2. Delete.app resides inside the "Resources" of Uninstall.app.
3. When we double click Uninstall.app it fires a script(given below),
4. This script copies DeleteAll.app to /private/tmp/  AND then runs
DeleteAll.app from Temp location.

The Script is
===========
on run
    set tempPath to "/private/tmp/fromTemp.app" as string
    set pathToMe to (path to me)
    set pathpath to my GetParentPath(pathToMe)
    set ourPath to POSIX path of pathpath as string
    set ourPath to ourPath & "fromTemp.app" as string

    do shell script "sudo cp -R '" & ourPath & "' '" & tempPath & "'" with
administrator privileges
    do shell script "sleep 10;
/private/tmp/fromTemp.app/Contents/MacOS/applet;  >/dev/null 2>&1 &" with
administrator privileges
end run

on GetParentPath(theFile)
    tell application "Finder" to return container of theFile as text
end GetParentPath

==========

Here I am expecting, that Uninstall.app will be closed after it has copied
and launched DeleteAll.app.
But it is waiting for DeleteAll to complete, and it exits after that.
Also DeleteAll.app is deleting MyApp + UninstallApp.
And DeleteAll will be removed at the next system restart (as it is in temp)

What i want to ask now is
1. Is this approach correct.
2. How i can exit from Uninstaller.app before the start of Deleteall.app

Any other suggestions/insights ???

Lots of thanks.

-Parimal

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Kyle Sluder <kyle.slu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
> > Sure, you can do that. As I said, there's no particular trick for
> deleting the uninstaller. The filesystem won't stop you from deleting your
> own binary (or moving it to the trash.)
>
> The filesystem doesn't care, but the OS sure as heck does.  Launch
> Services and CoreServices both freak out if a running app goes
> bye-bye—to the Trash or anywhere else.
>
> --Kyle Sluder

Warm Regards,

Parimal Das