On 6 Dec 2009, at 13:30, Andy Lee wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2009, at 7:36 AM, Graham Cox wrote:
>> My fourth approach is to write my own bloody undo manager and have done with
>> it. Result so far - bliss.
>
> FWIW, Wil Shipley agrees about the bliss part:
>
> <http://wilshipley.com/blog/2007/12/transitions-and-epiphanies.html>
>
>> I was so into using CoreData's magic undo that I kept going farther and
>> farther to make it work, when I really needed to say, "Ok, this doesn't work
>> in this situation, I'm doing my own undo in 40 lines of code."
>
> I haven't worked with NSUndoManager myself, but my takeaway from this (and
> also from a friend who was also frustrated with it) is that it's great for
> very basic scenarios, but if I ever find myself getting frustrated with it I
> shouldn't hesitate to write my own.

Er, Wil's post has nothing to do with Graham's problem. Wil ran into issues
fighting Core Data's built-in undo registration and decided the best approach
to manually record undo information himself instead. I am almost 100% certain
Wil didn't then proceed to chuck out NSUndoManager. He just turned off Core
Data's use of it.