On Dec 7, 2009, at 12:12 AM, Graham Cox wrote:
> Yes, which does make me wonder how others have implemented undo of drags in
> general. Is there a simple solution staring me in the face and I just can't
> see it?

I believe the problems with multi-event undoing stem from the fact the you
implemented the undo as a feature of the model when it could in fact be a
controller feature - or another controller's whole purpose.

While the model can't know why a certain key changed its value unless you give
it more information than it really should have, a controller - let's say
overseeing mouse handling - would know what is going on and could act
accordingly. I'm not saying that things would be easier generally, but it
doesn't necessarily have to be the model that cares about undo.

In my app it is the model that handle undo, btw. :)

Regards
Markus