On 13 dec 2009, at 22.26, Joe Programmer wrote:

> Two occurrences of the following massage are appearing in the console:
> -[NSCFArray _getCString:maxLength:encoding:]: unrecognized selector sent to
> instance 0x4016e0

That's almost certainly an indication of a memory management error in your
application. If you're not using Garbage Collection in your app, I'd suggest
that you troubleshoot this using zombies. Search for "NSZombieEnabled" to find
help on how you employ their assistance.

> What is also a bit disturbing about this, is that the debugger catches this
> exception, but Cocoa/OS does not?!

If you were to check the console (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app) when you
launch your app from the Finder, you'd probably find the same error logged
there. Some exceptions get masked when you're running outside of the debugger,
and might not lead to a crash of your application. That doesn't mean that you
could consider this less severe though, uncaught exceptions should be treated
as crashes regardless.

j o a r