Am 20.12.2009 um 18:32 schrieb aronis...@afroamerica.net:

> I did not give you all the methods in my code (it is too lengthy).
> segmentDict is a global variable because I need it somewhere else.

Sounds like bad design ;)

> a dealloc method takes care of releasing the arrays and dictionary.

Nope! First you alloc a dict in init:
> segmentDict =[NSMutableDictionarydictionary];
> [segmentDictretain];
And later you copy:
> -(IBAction)initializeSectorSegmentData:(id) sender
> {
> segmentDict=[[MyDocumentgetSectorSegmentData:(id) sender] mutableCopy];
// and retain
> [segmentDictretain];

That are three retains on segmentDict - and only one release in dealloc.

> - (void)awakeFromNib
> {
> segmentIndustryData=[[NSMutableArrayalloc] init];
> [segmentIndustryDataretain];
// double init/retain

> segmentDataController=[[NSArrayControlleralloc] init];
> [segmentDataControllerretain];
// double init/retain

> Anyway, even without retain, the table doesn't reload data.
>
> I do not think naming is the issue, it is more of the good habit to have.

It makes clear what you have at hand - if you stick to it.

Really, I don’t want to offend you but the code you show is buggy and leaks. I
did not check the rest of your code after finding the release bugs.

        atze