Greg,
Alexander.

I finally resolved the issue. I simply deleted and completely rewrote this
particular controller as I could not figure out what the problem was. My
application is now running without a hitch.

Greg, thanks for your proposed approach (by the way the cap was my error, but
not the reason for datasource issues). The issue is that reloadData was not
launching datasource methods, regardless.

Alexander, thanks for your advises about the possible leaks. I will take this
into account as I analyze and optimize the entire code before UAT.

I appreciate all your help. My concern though: how come Xcode does not flag
issues with datasource? What is so strange is that [segmentTableView
editColumn:k row:i withEvent:nil select:YES] was launching the datasource
methods, whereas reloadData was not.

Happy Holidays!