I think I've gotten on the right track. Two issues. One I needed to add the
spread * pi to the height and width. That made a huge difference. Thank you for
the direction it helped a lot. Given the time to fine tune it exactly I think i
might finally have this. I kind of didn't really realize it but you are
actually working in side of a circle because the shadow offsets from the center
of the image. Anyway that realization made a lot of difference.