On Dec 30, 2009, at 9:17 AM, Mr. Gecko wrote:

> Is it possible for me to encrypt the strings in my binary so hackers can't
> easily figure out what my application has in it? Reason I'm asking is I have
> some private keys that encodes data that I/parents don't want kids or
> teenagers to find.

Have you tried the OpenSSL crypto library? Maybe you could could encrypt your
data, and then use an algorithm to put together the key at runtime. It isn't
super secure, but he will prevent the data from sitting there on the disk in
plaintext.

Another thing to look at is DRM techniques. They need to solve a similar
problem.

Todd