On 1 jan 2010, at 08.37, Gustavo Pizano wrote:

> First Im using the method  NSDrawNinePartImage to draw the box that appears
> when click an item, this receives NSImages,  so I thought that applying a
> CIfilter to a CIImage then converting the CIImage into a NSImage and send to
> the NSDrawNinePartImage method will do the trick.. but of course this doesn't
> happen.

What doesn't happen? I'm not sure if you're supposed to get the blurred
background for free when using menu item views, but it sounds like a reasonable
expectation if you're drawing something that's not opaque. You are drawing
non-opaque images, right? Please file a bug report / enhancement request if you
feel that the menu item view drawing should work differently:

        <http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/>

On 1 jan 2010, at 09.47, Gustavo Pizano wrote:

> OUCH!!!
> that hurts! :(.

It might not be as bad as it sounds. Using CGWindowListCreateImage() +
kCGWindowListOptionOnScreenBelowWindow could be all that you need. This API is
pretty accessible and easy to use. I would expect for you to be able to get
something working in a couple of hours. You should be able to get the window of
the menu from the view when it's asked to draw. Not sure if there's anything in
the timing of the display of the menu view that would make this more difficult
than it appears.

j o a r