On 5 Feb 2010, at 10:40, Stefan Wolfrum wrote:

> 2) Right now the file doesn't get built new every time I build my
> application. So the number isn't increasing yet. How can this be achieved?

I use the following in a script phase to get a perpetually increasing build
number.

#!/bin/bash
# http://davedelong.com/blog/2009/04/15/incrementing-build-numbers-xcode
buildNumber=$(/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Print MGSBuildNumber" Info.plist)
buildNumber=$(($buildNumber + 1))
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :MGSBuildNumber $buildNumber" Info.plist

Regards

Jonathan Mitchell

Developer
http://www.mugginsoft.com