On Feb 23, 2010, at 1:19 AM, Nick Zitzmann wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2010, at 12:53 PM, Joel May wrote:
>
>> If High Level Toolkit is ok, then why doesn't it appear in the docs.   If I
>> search the Mac OS X Reference Library, it does not get the same treatment
>> that the cocoa api gets. The only place I see the High Level Toolkit is in
>> the Carbon64BitGuide.pdf and the header files and some cruddy api update
>> doc.
>
> I don't know why a lot of the Carbon documentation was taken out of Snow
> Leopard. I wouldn't look too far into that, though. The folder manager
> documentation is also MIA but functions like FSFindFolder() still works fine
> and are completely supported.

For what it's worth, there's a "legacy reference library" link at the current
reference library: https://developer.apple.com/legacy/mac/library/

Also, in Xcode, you can add the Leopard docset.  Preferences > Documentation >
click Get next to Mac OS X Leopard Core Library.  That still has the
documentation for a number of APIs like FSFindFolder.  There's also a legacy
docset in there, but I haven't bothered to look at what it contains.

Regards,
Ken