On Feb 23, 2010, at 4:35 PM, Joel May wrote:

> Thanks for the info about drawing in a different thread.  I won't waste my
> time and sanity.  I guess I need to figure out how to speed up the drawing
> instead and keep it in the main thread.

How often does your app flush its changes? If it's more than 30 f/s, then
you're wasting redraws, and either need to disable beam sync, or cut back on
the animation. You can use Quartz Debug to find out, and control the beam sync
feature.

Did you also try QuartzGL? It didn't work correctly in Tiger, and it's off by
default in Leopard & Snow Leopard, but it ought to work on most Macs. Again,
you can experiment with this using Quartz Debug.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>