On 2/23/10 12:19 AM, Nick Zitzmann said:

>> The Carbon64BitGuide.pdf explains how the carbon api's have been
>updated for 64 bit.  But I thought carbon was dead in 64 bit and Snow
>Leopard.  What is the deal?
>
>No, Carbon is not dead. The only parts of Carbon that are dead are the
>drawing components of HIToolbox (...)

Even that's an exaggeration.  The HIThemeDraw... APIs are not
deprecated, and they are the only way to draw bits of standard UI
elements.  For example, I have a custom NSCell that uses HIThemeDrawTrack
() to draw a customised slider.  There's no other way to do that.

That said, stay away from any deprecated Carbon API.