On 27.03.2010, at 19:39, Joanna Carter wrote:

Every window is "managed" by a Controller and it is from this Controller that you can run any process you want, as well as creating and showing a window.

This is correct of course, and this was just what I tried to reach for. But I had to call this "private" code from the main AppController, rather than from a window controller of the modal window. Probably I was not too clear with my terms.

I think you are used to Windows programming. Cocoa modal sheets are modal to the owning form, not the whole app.

Modal sheet is not so suitable here. Modal sheet is located "within" the window which owns it. In my case popup window may be larger than parent window. Therefore I've chosen a real modal window.

Thanks.