Keary Hi.

On Mar 29, 2010, at 10:22 PM, Keary Suska wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2010, at 1:43 PM, Gustavo Pizano wrote:
>
>> My guess was that when removing the objects form the array controller, these
>> were being removed form the MOC, and therefore I couldn't see them in the
>> consultation mode, only after restarting the app when the MOC fetch again
>> the data.
>
> An array controller won't remove MO's unless you have told it to. Check the
> setting in IB, or set it explicitly in code.

In IB Im not setting the "Delete Objects on Remove" because the only binding it
has its the MOC, and second I wouldn't put it if I could becuase I know it will
remove them form the  MOC,

>> Now I need to be able to clean the table after saving, otherwise I can't
>> create more items unless I restart the app, or if I clean the table I must
>> restart the app in order to see the newly created invoice's details.
>
> This is a sign of poor design. The items array controller should use the
> invoice relationship as its content and it will take care of itself.

I have, Invoice < ->> ItemXInvoice << > Invoice,  the Array controller I set up
with ItemXInvoice entity, and when I click an add button I do:

        Item  * newItem = [NSEntityDescription
insertNewObjectForEntityForName:@"Item" inManagedObjectContext:[self
managedObjectContext]];
        ItemXInvoice * newItemXInvoice = [NSEntityDescription
insertNewObjectForEntityForName:@"ItemXInvoice" inManagedObjectContext: [self
managedObjectContext]];
        [newItemXInvoice setValue:newItem forKey:@"toItem"];
        [newItem addToInvoiceXItemsObject:newItemXInvoice];
        [_itemsArrayController addObject:newItemXInvoice];
        if(_newInvoice == nil){
                _newInvoice = [NSEntityDescription
insertNewObjectForEntityForName:@"Invoice" inManagedObjectContext:[self
managedObjectContext]];
        }
        [_newInvoice addToItemsXInvoiceObject:newItemXInvoice];

So Im creating a ItemXInvoice relate it to an Item and then relate it to the
Invoice relationship as you say. Unless I misunderstood your point and the
NSArrayController (ItemXInvoice)  the Array Content binding shall be set to the
instance with keypath: _newInvoice.toItemXInvoice... I dunno its late here in
this part of the work, Im just rumble around..

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the reply.