That's a good point that I hadn't given much thought to what happens when the
net is down. I wasn't too worried about only supporting Mail.app because I was
going to give them a way to also enter their smtp settings manually. But using
your framework that only supports 3 mailers with no thunderbird and no access
to web based mail ( for people who use it via web) seems like a pretty big
problem also. I wonder if the solution might be a framework that sends it
directly via smtp but which automatically caches it and tries to keep resending
if the net is down? Kind of a mini sendmail in your app. Of course there'd be
issues about what happens if your app has quit, but that's probably ok for most
situations. I guess even a background helper could be done for that kind of
like Growl has an auto install framework.

Sometimes like Growl, an open source framework will fix what Apple won't do.

--
Chris

On 01/06/2010, at 4:02 AM, Alastair Houghton <alast...@alastairs-place.net>