Hi Paul,

On 20/6/10, Paul Sanders wrote:

Are you #including <CoreServices/CoreServices.h>?

I wasn't.  I added it.  Were you wondering if it would make a difference?

Well, yes.  Default return type is int.  In fact I'm suprised you
didn't get a warning about the function being undefined.  My Mac is
powered off or I would check.  Does adding the #include sort things
out?

No, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I might raise a bug report. in the meantime I'm using:

    [[NShost currentHost] name];

which apparently can block for a while and doesn't guarantee which host name it will return from among the array of host names. Surprisingly, my development machine has four, including one that Adobe slipped in there.

Thanks again for your help Paul.

Signing off for the night,

Steve