On 20 Jun 2010, at 14:46, Steve Steinitz wrote:

> Hi Paul,

>>> I wasn't.  I added it.  Were you wondering if it would make a difference?

The correct import is #import
<SystemConfiguration/SCDynamicStoreCopySpecific.h>.
Omitting it causes the compiler to assume integer return type.

I do get the expected warnings:
warning: implicit declaration of function 'SCDynamicStoreCopyComputerName'
warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast

I wouldn't fancy living without these.

>> Well, yes.  Default return type is int.  In fact I'm suprised you
>> didn't get a warning about the function being undefined.  My Mac is
>> powered off or I would check.  Does adding the #include sort things
>> out?
>
> No, it doesn't seem to make a difference.  I might raise a bug report.  in
> the meantime I'm using:
>
>    [[NShost currentHost] name];
This can really block. Sometimes unexpectedly, depending on your machine
configuration.
I wouldn't touch it for all the beer on Bondi.

Jonathan