http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2010/Jun/msg01040.html

> This would seem to imply that a __block variable *can* be a *fixed* length
> array. But when I try to write into such an array inside a block, I get a
> compile error, "cannot access __block variable of array type inside block."

void foo() {
    __block char barfy[100];

    ^() {
        char b = barfy[0]; <<<<  error: cannot access __block variable of array
type inside block
        b = b;
    };
}

void bar() {
    __block struct angus {
        char barfy[100];
    } kangus;

    ^() {
        char b = kangus.barfy[0];  // compiles fine
        b = b;
    };
}

The reason being that a Block_copy() or [block copy] will cause the __block
variables to be moved to the heap and, thus, the compiler must know the exact
size of all variables to be copied when emitting the copy helper.

b.bum