On 02 Jul, 2010, at 04:47, Andreas Mayer wrote:

> Am 02.07.2010 um 10:01 Uhr schrieb sebi:
>
>> When I download an image and want to keep it for further reference, I assume
>> I have to store it in the documents directory and not in the app bundle,
>> because otherwise I would invalidate the signature and the app wont run
>> anymore. Is this correct?
>
> You should always regard the app bundle as read only. The application might
> have been installed with administrator rights so that the current user does
> not have write access.

To carry this a bit further, your application might not even reside on a volume
to which the user could /ever/ have write access, regardless of permissions.
Read-only disk image? DVD? Read-only network share? These are all possible
scenarios for which an application should be prepared.

(I realize the thread wound up being about iPad, but this is a good thing to
point out in general.)

--
mikey