First off - post that piece of code, cut and paste it right out of the app just
incase you went and misspelled it, unlikely but, if you post it here we can
eliminate that possibility.

Second - type 'QA1688' into the documentation browser and read that technote,
that gives several reasons that views might not autorotate, there are some
quite creative ones there like not retaining a view controller properly or not
calling [ super init... ];

and lastly yes there is a property, it's discussed in QA1588, make sure that
UISupportedInterfaceOrientations and UIInterfaceOrientation in your Info.plist
file are suitably set; although I've messed with that key before (and just did
again to check) and my app rotated anyway so I really don't actually know if it
works!