On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:53:53 -0700, Jay Reynolds Freeman
<jay_reynolds_free...@mac.com> said:
>Sorry I did not make clear; that was an excellent idea; I made one, it worked,
and not only does the relevant code (just mentioned) look the same in my app,
but also the connections between top-level objects in the nib files look the
same. Go figure ...  I may well be missing something, of course.

Well, clearly you *are* missing something. There must be an important
difference between the project that works as expected and the one that
doesn't. This is parallel to what I was saying before about the outlets that
didn't result in the corresponding ivars being set. The response to things
not working is not to walk away from them but to try to understand what's
wrong. On the other hand, if the nib has mysteriously gone sour, then
there's nothing to understand. I've never seen a nib do this, but I've
certainly heard reports of it happening.

One good solution might be to start over. Start with the clean project where
the autorotate mechanism does work. Now start copying and pasting your code
and classes into it, moving your resources into it, etc. Keep testing at
every stage. If at some point the autorotate stops working, then whatever
you last did was the wrong thing to do. :) If it never stops working, fine,
the problem is solved.

Or, go the other way. Make a copy of your project and start cutting stuff
out of that project until it looks like the bare minimum project. If at some
point autorotate starts working, whatever you just removed was the cause of
the trouble. :)

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!