Hey!

On 2/Aug/2010, at 9:02 AM, Sandro Noël wrote:
> What we want is for out application Data to still be locked when the phone is
> unlocked
> and only unlocked by the user when the user logs locally in to the
> application.
I'm sure that there are several ways to encrypt data on the phone however that
is something that I've not explored.

> the data should not sync or be backed up onto any other device.
> it is after all strategic data, so we need to be really careful about it.
This part however is something that you might want to reconsider.  As a person
who has has to restore my iPhone from backup, I would be pissed if you managed
to break the usual backup/restore of application data.  It's not what I expect
to happen.  Also, there is already an option for backups of the iPhone to be
encrypted so there is at least a level of protection there.

I suppose it might depend on what data you're talking about.  If it's
application configuration data, then it definitely should be backed up via the
usual methods.  If it's some kind of cache of data from an external source,
then perhaps it doesn't need to be backed up.

Anyway, my thoughts based on the limited details which you've given.
Best,
M.