On 2010 Aug 06, at 17:03, Kyle Sluder wrote:

> http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2010/Mar/msg01026.html
>
> Short answer: it's not supported.

I'm not sure, Kyle.  In the message you linked to, Ben was talking about access
from multiple machines.  But in an earlier message in that thread,

http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2010/Mar/msg01000.html

Ben said, "Yes, several Apple frameworks use Core Data databases from multiple
processes simultaneously with a single user account and single physical
machine."

which is what I'm interested in.  Two processes, same Mac, same user.

Reason:  While testing an app earlier today, I saw some Core Data errors which
seemed to stop when I killed a background process which may have been accessing
the same non-document sqlite store.  It may do this in real life.

I need to go back and try to reproduce and isolate the trouble, but would
appreciate any more advice on this topic.

In that 2007 thread, Ben referred the poster to the sqlite documentation on
file locking, which I presume is this:

http://www.sqlite.org/lockingv3.html

But that's not very helpful since I have no idea if, when, how or why Core Data
acquires the various locks discussed in there.