Sorry.  I see I've created confusion by putting "Multiuser" in the subject.  I
should have said "Multiprocess"…

Thank you, Ben.  In the second post in that thread back in May, Ben wrote:

> Yes, several Apple frameworks use Core Data databases from multiple processes
> simultaneously with a single user account and single physical machine.

Later, a reference is made to the iCal, Mail and Address Book apps.

That's what I'm interested in.  Specifically, an app + a background process,
same Mac, same user, sharing a non-document sqlite file.  So it appears that
all should work, presumably as described in the "Change Management" section of
"Core Data Programming Guide".

One thing still bothers me.  Twice in that document, it mentions "managed
object contexts in the *same application*".  What if they are in *different
processes*?  Possibly the author just wasn't thinking of that?

I've done some more testing since my original post and it appear does appear to
work – the errors I was seeing yesterday were "Could not merge changes" errors
(133020 in NSCocoaErrorDomain), and I presume these were due to the fact that I
had not set a merge policy on these managed object contexts.  But I have yet to
reproduce and prove this.  Any additional assurance that what I'm doing should
work would be appreciated.