I'm sorry for posting this off-topic but I can't find a single list at
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo that is relevant to Apple policy
questions so I thought I could start here.

What is Apples policy on using their icons in commercial application icons? I
wanted to use some of the common app icons that are standard to OS X (like
Mail, Safari, System Preferences, Dashboard etc...) in my app icon to represent
parts of the system but this is very questionable. I have seen people do it
before but it would be nice if someone could point me to some official
information. Thanks for you any suggestions you have.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph
        thealchemistguild.org