Hi,

Hoping this is something simple that I'm missing...

I have a controller class which is represented as a simple object (cube icon) in Interface Builder. This class has an "id" field to which I assign various instances of core data entities (represented by a subclass of NSManagedObject by selecting them in an NSBrowser whose delegate is the controller class.

I then have an NSSlider and an NSCheckbox which both have their value bindings bound to the same field of the selected object, via the controller class; in other words:

@interface MyBrowser : NSObject
{
    id       selectedWhatever;
}

- (id)selectedWhatever;
- (void)setSelectedWhatever:(id)whatever;

Then the "value" bindings of the NSSlider and NSCheckbox are both "selectedWhatever.someField".

The problem I am having is that if I move the slider, the value of the field does not change right away, but if I select something else and then select the modified entity again (changes selectedWhatever to something else and back), the field shows the modified value.

It almost seems as if the slider is not sending updates to the entity until the entity is about to change?

Similarly, if I edit the value in the text field, the slider does not move until I select something else then come back.

How can I get the text field and slider to update in sync with each other?

If it helps, the class being used for the "selectedWhatever" values has the field defined as:

@property float someField;

Frank D. Engel, Jr.  <fde...@fjrhome.net>

$ ln -s /usr/share/kjvbible /usr/manual
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
$