Hi
I have read that in explicit animation, say translation, to really change
the model layer position we have to change it's position too. So here is my
code:

CABasicAnimation *animation =
                 [CABasicAnimation animationWithKeyPath:@"position"];
                 CGPoint pt = CGPointMake(firstWheelLayer.position.x + 100,
firstWheelLayer.position.y + 100);
                 [animation setFromValue:[NSNumber
valueWithCGPoint:firstWheelLayer.position]];
                 [animation setToValue:[NSNumber valueWithCGPoint:pt]];
                 [animation setDuration:5.0];
                 [firstWheelLayer setPosition:pt];
                 [firstWheelLayer addAnimation:animation forKey:@"flag"];

"firstWheelLayer" is a layer with some sublayers. The above code is run as
result of touch on sublayers of "firstWheelLayer". The above code works
fine, even all sublayers translate also and if I click a sublayer after
animation , the "firstWheelLayer" further translate 100 in x and 100 in y.
I want to achieve same functionality with scaling i.e. if I scale
"firstWheelLayer" all sublayers should also scale up/down. So here is my
code:

CABasicAnimation *animation =
                 [CABasicAnimation animationWithKeyPath:@"bounds"];
                CGRect orgVal = CGRectMake(0, 0,
firstWheelLayer.bounds.size.width, firstWheelLayer.bounds.size.height);
                CGRect newVal = CGRectMake(0, 0,
firstWheelLayer.bounds.size.width+100, firstWheelLayer.bounds.size.height);

                 [animation setFromValue:[NSValue valueWithCGRect:orgVal]];
                 [animation setToValue:[NSValue valueWithCGRect:newVal]];
                 [animation setDuration:5.0];
                 [firstWheelLayer setBounds:newVal];
                 [firstWheelLayer addAnimation:animation forKey:@"flag"];

The problem here is that the sublayers do not scale horizontaly like the
"firstWheelLayer" should I set their bounds here too?