On Sep 29, 2010, at 06:28, Gideon King wrote:

> I would have thought it would be OK for the relationship to point to an
> instance of FooSub shouldn't it? After all, it is a subclass of Foo. Or do
> things work differently for subclasses in Core Data? If so, how should I work
> around this problem?

You repeatedly say "subclass". Do you mean "sub-entity", or do you really mean
a subclass with no corresponding Core Data entity?

Core Data needs to know, from your data model, the custom class (if any) for
every entity. It can't use NSManagedObject subclasses that aren't modeled, even
if they're sub-subclasses of a modeled subclass.