On Sep 29, 2010, at 15:30, Gideon King wrote:

> Sorry, I should have been clearer. It is a sub-entity which is implemented as
> a subclass.

Hmm. I'd suspect a limitation of delete cascading rules, but that doesn't
really fit with the error message your reported. Was that error text exactly
what was displayed? It appeared when *saving*, yes (as opposed to setting the
relationship)?

If the inverse is in fact being set to an invalid object, I'd take a look at
the way the subclass object is being created. If that's not fruitful, ...

It's also possible to override some validation methods (see
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/CoreData/Articles/cdValidation.html%23//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40004807-SW3).
 In your override, you could call the super implementation first and break if
that fails. That would let you inspect the objects and relationships involved.