Hello Scott

> You seem to be trying to find ways to use the frameworks in ways that are
> not intended. Why are you not using NSApplicationMain in the normal way?

Just for the sake of my own understanding. There's nothing extraordinary i
am doing there, but for example, i need to "delay" the launch of my
application and registering all the observers/event taps before the "master
application" starts

> Two reasonable choices are:
>
> - A single thread, where your processing is implemented as a finite state
> machine that can yield after a bit of work and return to the run loop, but
> sets an NSTimer to fire in 0 seconds just before it returns.

I will try that, thank you, but just wondering if i could do the same using
[NSRunLoop mainLoop], by calling -runMode:beforeDate:? Is it the same as
scheduling a timer? If i could use that, what should i have specified in
date? Current date? Current date+some time? what would be instead of that
time?
I am asking just to get the idea of that thing...

> - Multiple threads, figure out your bug with synchronization around
> AppleScripts (there is no reason the library would run slower just because
> you add a new thread).

I am not doing no synchronization at all, nor i need any for my application.
I was thinking this is done by the framework, only because i was reading
that NSAppleScript wasn't thread safe, and became so only lately. But as
long as "we shouldn't care how is it built inside", i only assumed this
thread safety had been provided in exchange of performance (when the apple
events - this is how NSAppleScript allows the application to retrieve result
value from applescript - are still received in the main thread, which
suspends both threads or something). Well actially i get a general
performance slowdown.