From: Jonathon Kuo <newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu>
To: Matt Neuburg <m...@tidbits.com>
Cc: cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com
Sent: Tue, November 16, 2010 9:26:40 AM
Subject: Re: [iPhone] Toolbar button and "Touch Down"

On Nov 16, 2010, at 9:12 AM, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:02:44 -0800, Jonathon Kuo
><newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu> said:
>> Interesting idea, probably a little beyond me. :)
>
> Nonsense. This is perfectly standard and easy. A UIButton can send an action
>message on TouchDown. It makes no difference that the UIButton is inside a
>UIBarButton. How much plainer can it be? m.

I agree: that's how I expected it to work, too, but that's not how it does work
(Xcode 3.2.4). If I drag a Round Rect Button onto the Toolbar, it instantly
gets
promoted to a UIBarButtonItem (really!), and I can't set "Touch Down" on it,
nor
can I change the class of it in IB. That's why I'm confused...

This email sent to rf_...@yahoo.com